The Kawai Digital & Acoustic Piano Users Forum

Unofficial digital/acoustic piano forum for users of Kawai Musical Instrument products. We are not affiliated with Kawai Musical Instruments!

Any news regarding the new MP12?

HwyStar
    Admin

Any news regarding the new MP12?

Post by HwyStar on Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:11 pm

If you have an news to share in regards to when or any specifics related to the new keyboard then please post away!

Last edited by HwyStar on Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Raytracer

Why should they ???

Post by Raytracer on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:19 am

HwyStar wrote:If you have an news to share in regards to when or any specifics related to the new keyboard then please post away!

Copied over from pianoworld: (a comment by Kawai James seemingly a Kawai employee on the 24th of April 2015)

... the MP11 was announced last January at NAMM, with the MP7 following at Musikmesse in April.

There are no plans to introduce any new MP models for a couple of years at least.

Kind regards,
    James

IMHO: This is a superb instrument which has left it's competitors way behind.

Let's have some sustainability here please. Or is there anyone here who buys a new Steinway / Bosendorfer every year?

I rather see my investments long term.

But, these are just my thoughts in this fast-paced world ...
    HwyStar
    Admin

Re: Any news regarding the new MP12?

Post by HwyStar on Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:06 am

Don't get me wrong, I love my MP11 too.

I wish they had put the GFII in it, and that the new samples of the CA97 were in there.  Other than that, I don't think there is anything else I would change.

I have not played the GFII yet and plan on playing it in about three weeks when I am in Virginia.  I will have my headphones with me and will listen closely to the samples to compare them against our MP11's samples. The store may have an MP11 there too.

I agree with you on the investments side of buying these slabs. They are so close now to being something that does not need to be changed out. I have been playing train-wrecks for so many years that it is really nice to just sit down and play the MP11 without thinking that it is just another bad slab!

I am considering getting an Organ keyboard too since I love 70s/80s rock organ music (Jon Lord). That topic will be in its own thread when that time comes.

Thanks Ray!

Best,
    Robert
    Raytracer

Post by Raytracer on Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:26 am

Hi Robert,

What keyboard are you looking at?

I started off with an Organ way back in my early days. I was always fond of Hammond but my parents just didn't agree so this stayed an unfulfilled wish up to today.

If I had to choose a second (and last) keyboard it definitively would be a Korg Kronos no doubt. It's like no other and definitively not of this world. To be honest: My MP-11 almost turned out to be one of those bad boys. Price tag is a real bummer though.

Well, one of these days. But this is a Kawai forum so I'm cutting it here ;-)

Cheers,
    Ray
    HwyStar
    Admin

Post by HwyStar on Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:43 pm

I have a Korg Kronos 61!  Great board.  I got it in the first batch of Kronos, before the X.  It won't be leaving my studio anytime soon.

I was thinking of a Crumar Mojo or Nord C2D.

The arthritis in my pinkies does not seem to bother me as much when I play waterfall keys.  The Kronos does bottom out a little bit.  I remember my dad's Hammond was easier on the fingers at the bottom out stage.  IMHO: There is nothing better than a Jon Lord C3 sound going through an over driven amp.  Perfect Strangers is so cool and fun to play along with!

HwyStar
    Admin

Post by HwyStar on Wed May 31, 2017 8:59 am

Any rumors anyone?  

I am hoping they use all the latest samples in the MP12.

It would be really nice if it had a great rock and roll Leslie organ too. I would be in heaven with all of that in one unit. It may not be waterfall keys but it would be better than just piano.

A Hammond organ and piano are like peas and corn. Add a bit of butter for taste and everyone is happy!

A Nord C2D on top of an MP12: priceless (with a Marshall 50 watt in the background).
    HwyStar
    Admin

Post by HwyStar on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:13 am

Kawai James wrote:I think it will be a while before we see an MP12.

A post on Piano World by James on 07/12/17.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:37 pm