The Kawai Digital & Acoustic Piano Users Forum

Unofficial digital/acoustic piano forum for users of Kawai Musical Instrument products. We are not affiliated with Kawai Musical Instruments!

Audio recording volume too low

hebrer

Audio recording volume too low

Post by hebrer on Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:18 am

Hi,

I have been struggling with the following problem on my Kawai CA63.
    When recording on USB in either MP3 or WAV format, or even when converting to MP3 or WAV format from piano's internal recorder, the resulting audio file is very very quiet, its volume is extremely low.

Can anybody point me to the correct setting to change this?
    Thank you.
    Peter
    HwyStar
    Admin

Re: Audio recording volume too low

Post by HwyStar on Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:33 am

Hi Peter!

I vaguely remember that this was an operating system issue with the Kawai keyboards a while ago and that it can be fixed with a system update. Make sure you are on the latest release of OS for your keyboard, and if not then do an update. That may fix the issue!

The Kawai update site is here: http://www.kawaius.com/Downloads/download_archive.html

hebrer

Post by hebrer on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:10 am

Hi HwyStar,

Thank you for pointing me to the firmware upgrade page. I have now made the upgrade from version 1.06 to the latest available version 1.09 for CA63. The gain issue has not been addressed in the firmware upgrade but at least I know I now have the most recent firmware installed. I resolved the small gain issue by normalization in Audacity.
    Peter
    HwyStar
    Admin

Post by HwyStar on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:36 am

Excellent news Peter! I'm glad you were able to resolve the volume issue using Audacity. More than one way to skin a cat!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:15 am