The Kawai Digital & Acoustic Piano Users Forum

Unofficial digital/acoustic piano forum for users of Kawai Musical Instrument products. We are not affiliated with Kawai Musical Instruments!

MP11 piano settings thread (spreadsheet).

HwyStar
    Admin

MP11 piano settings thread (spreadsheet).

Post by HwyStar on Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:48 pm

I have created a Google MP11 Settings spreadsheet here at: MP11 Settings Spreadsheet:

It is publicly shared and editable.  Copy the template sheet (protected) over to a new sheet and rename the sheet to be your own.  Make sure to sign it with you name in the owner field and add a date!

You will need to be logged into your google account to edit the spreadsheet, this way there is an audit trail to who edits it.  This is a Google requirement.

Last edited by HwyStar on Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:21 pm; edited 7 times in total
    HwyStar
    Admin

Re: MP11 piano settings thread (spreadsheet).

Post by HwyStar on Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:50 pm

I will give these settings a try as soon as I get the chance this week. Thanks for posting it there OneWatt!

I wish Piano World participants followed through better than they do with sharing info. That is what this forum is all about.
    HwyStar
    Admin

Post by HwyStar on Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:09 am

I set up everything like OneWatt did in his original post, but the MP11 does not support the EXF2. At least as far as I can tell. After reading the MP7 EX sections (internal and external) of its manual it does not say anything about the EXF2 either. Insert scratching of head here...

If you read this OneWatt then please join and explain what I am missing and doing wrong!

Without the EXF2 it still sounds really good! I want to compare it to some of the other presets I have been messing around with. The Autopan feature does change the sound.
    HwyStar
    Admin

Post by HwyStar on Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:28 am

I have turned down the Brilliance to -8. I also changed the depth of the AutoPan down to 3. Coming back to the piano after an hour break helped to hear that the panning was way to much. The Bass is maybe just a tad to much still.

It is sounding really good. Almost PianoTeq 5.5.1 good! It may not have the clarity that I have heard with PT but soon I will A/B them when I insert the MP11 into my workstation. I think the action and sounds are keepers!
    HwyStar
    Admin

Post by HwyStar on Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:53 am

This is a post from OneWatt on Piano World (MP Piano Settings):

SOUND: 1-1-A ConcertGrand (envelope/filter settings left at default "0" but see *-below)

EQ:
    L: +5
    H: +1
    M1: 0
    M2: 0

EXF1: AutoPan
    Type: 2-Band
    Depth: 10
    Balance: 64
    LowerSpeed: 0.87 Hz
    UpperSpeed: 1.11 Hz
    SplitFreq: 675

EXF2: Filter
    Type: Enhancer
    DryWet: 127
    Depth: 22

AMP: None

REVERB:
    Type: Small Hall
    PreDelay: 1.6ms
    Time 2235ms
    Depth: 25

VIRT TECH:
    Voicing: Normal
    StereoWidth:127
    StringReso: 7
    DamperRes0: 6
    KeyOffEff: 6
    DamperNoise: 4
    HammerDelay: 1
    FallBackNoise 6
    Topboard: Open1

(*-the various envelope settings within "Sound" are useful for synth/string sounds but I've yet to find a particularly useful way to enhance an acoustic grand piano sound with any of these wave/envelope adjustments ... if anyone has please share your insights)
    HwyStar
    Admin

Post by HwyStar on Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:03 am

I added the spreadsheet today and created a nice variant setup to OneWatt's settings.  For me, using my Sennheiser HD650 headphones the brilliance was to high, auto-pan had to much depth and a few other settings had slight tweaks.  I can't remember what those tweaks are but the setup is completely documented now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:32 pm