The Kawai Digital & Acoustic Piano Users Forum

Unofficial digital/acoustic piano forum for users of Kawai Musical Instrument products. We are not affiliated with Kawai Musical Instruments!

Welcome to the forum!

HwyStar
    Admin

Welcome to the forum!

Post by HwyStar on Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:28 am

Hi Jzheng2000 and welcome aboard!

This forum has become more of a blog than a forum so I won't take offense if you do not participate.

I still really like my MP11.  I do play it with a combination of PianoTeq running at the same time as the MP11 resident sounds are playing.  

I think that the samples used in the CA97 sound a little better and less compressed than the MP11.  The MP10 was even more compressed than the MP11.  The CA97 sounds even less compressed than the MP11.  Oh well...

Now it's time to play piano and quit obsessing about the way it sounds!

Welcome!

Gourockian

Can't see where I can start posting.

Post by Gourockian on Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:29 pm

Hi, I just joined the forum yesterday and would like to post a question on the CP section but I can't find how to do this. When I try to open FAQ's, nothing happens. Can you point me in the right direction, please? BTW, when I tried to access the forum from my work PC during my lunch break, I got a message saying that a virus had been detected. Is there a problem with the site? Regards, Al
    HwyStar
    Admin

Re: Welcome to the forum!

Post by HwyStar on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:28 am

Hey Gourockian!

The "New Topic" button is on the right hand side of the topics pages where you can insert a new post.  It should be working fine for you. Give it a try!

Gourockian

Post by Gourockian on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:38 pm

Hi Hwy Star, yes, that's what I would expect to see but I can assure you that there is no "New Topic" button displaying there (at least on my screen). I took a screenshot to send you but could find no way to attach it.

In the CP forum page, I see that I do have permission to post new posts and reply to others, so that doesn't seem to be the issue.

I again tried to access the FAQ's, clicking on each of the subjects but still nothing is happening at this end - the screen does not change; no reading material pops up.

The topics which actually have posts, display a "Forum Option" button on the top right hand side but again, there is no response when I click on it. However, if I open an existing post, I can click on the "Share" button and display the various options available with that feature.

I don't know if this helps, but I'm using Google Chrome as my browser and my PC is running Windows 7 Ultimate N. However, I also logged in using Internet Explorer 11 but with the same negative results, which makes me think that something is not quite right at the website, at least with my account settings.

I do hope you can assist as I have some useful information regarding an easy fix for sticky keys in the CP series, which may apply to other digital models as well.

Regards,

Al
    Joe Piano

Post by Joe Piano on Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:42 am

I just created a new topic in the CP forum using Joe Piano's login. He is a backup/basic user I use to test the forum.

Can you create a "New Topic" now?

If not, check to see if the browser you are using is restricting adblocking on this forum. The "New Topic" button may be hidden? Some ad-blockers support allowing an entire website to not be blocked with ads.
    HwyStar
    Admin

Post by HwyStar on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:48 am

Here are your rights to all of the forums Al:

Gourockian

Post by Gourockian on Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:20 pm

HwyStar,

It does look like my PC is acting up on the site, as I had no problem using my laptop. As far as I can see, there is no Ad Blocker set up but I'm running Kaspersky Total Security on the PC but not on the laptop so that might be the issue. I'll check into this a bit deeper and see how it goes. Meanwhile, thanks for taking the time to check at your end and hopefully, I'll be able to post in the near future.

Regards,

Al

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:39 am