The Kawai Digital & Acoustic Piano Users Forum

Unofficial digital/acoustic piano forum for users of Kawai Musical Instrument products. We are not affiliated with Kawai Musical Instruments!

Roland LX-17

HwyStar
    Admin

Roland LX-17

Post by HwyStar on Sat May 28, 2016 5:46 pm

I had my hopes set so high to try and like this piano, but it's not for me. On a scale of 1 to 10; 10 being wow, it was a 6. I'm so bummed because I thought it would be "it".

I took my Sennheiser HD650 headphones and also played through the resident speakers too. Here are the individual scores by section:

A] action - 10
    B] key surface - 10
    C] key spacing - 10
    D] speaker sounds - 3
    E] piano sounds through headphones - 3
    F] position of controls - 7 (nice in the middle but poorly planned using display)
    G] display - 3
    H] sound of the piano using demo songs - 2
    I] pedals - 6 (small)
    J] headphone output jacks - 4 (bad position)
    K] cabinet sound - 2 (it sounded cheesy!)
    L] finish - 10

It's not for me.  My next piano to try will be the Kawai CA97.

I like my MP10 better than the LX-17, but I think I like the action on the LX-17 better than the MP10.
    HwyStar
    Admin

Re: Roland LX-17

Post by HwyStar on Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:28 pm

After being away from my MP11 for a week and coming home to it and playing it - it sounded great!  

The LX-17 sounded like a fake piano.  I like/love the action but the sound was sub-par.  It is a purple Kool-Aid container!  I am done reading that thread on Piano world...  1,600 posts on there so far (Piano World).  Someone is drinking the Kool-Aid no doubt about it.

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:31 pm