The Kawai Digital & Acoustic Piano Users Forum

Unofficial digital/acoustic piano forum for users of Kawai Musical Instrument products. We are not affiliated with Kawai Musical Instruments!

I finally ordered my MP11 yesterday!

HwyStar
    Admin

I finally ordered my MP11 yesterday!

Post by HwyStar on Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:44 pm

I sold my MP10 about 6 months ago and have been using a Yamaha Motif XF8 since then.  IMHO: What a worthless keyboard it is!  Craig's list - see ya!

My MP11 will show up on Wednesday and I look forward to setting it up.  I will post back here my first impressions of the board.  I may only use it as a controller to control Pianoteq 5 but I am trying to keep an open mind.  I look forward to very simple playing, using the internal samples along with the embedded metronome drums. Sometimes I just want to not mess with the way the piano sounds and I just want to play.  Quit tweaking and play!

I'm hoping I did not purchase it right before the MP12 is released at the Musikimesse show...  I did the same thing with the MP10.  I bought it right before the MP11 came out.

The MP10 action hurt my hands.  The down weight on that board was to heavy (63gm @ C3) and I had to seek medical help.  I won't do that again.  The first thing I will be doing when I open up the MP11 is to measure the down and up weight.  Even before I remove it from the box.  No sense removing it if it is to heavy or unexceptable.  My hand issues prevented me from playing piano for over two years because of the MP10.  Never again...

I'm excited for Wednesday!
    HwyStar
    Admin

Re: I finally ordered my MP11 yesterday!

Post by HwyStar on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:51 am

Well, today is the day! I am really excited. I still remember getting my MP10 and enjoying it for the first few weeks. The after those first few weeks, no matter what I did, I could not seem to get the sound un-compressed. When Kawai recorded the samples they must have put some compression against the samples. It never had any real life to it for me. I really hope they updated the sounds properly.

The action and the included drums are what interest me the most. I know I can configure some drums in Garage Band fairly quickly; with Bass, to play along with but that usually takes about 15 to half an hour to get except-able. I want to work at playing bass-lines, with the included drums and see how that grooves.

I've got to clean off an extra desk to set this beast on while I demo it.
    Joe Piano

Post by Joe Piano on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:54 am

Good luck with getting your piano today! I hope it meets your expectations.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:40 pm