The Kawai Digital & Acoustic Piano Users Forum

Unofficial digital/acoustic piano forum for users of Kawai Musical Instrument products. We are not affiliated with Kawai Musical Instruments!

Day 10 and going strong!

HwyStar
    Admin

Day 10 and going strong!

Post by HwyStar on Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:06 pm

All is well here! I have moved the Motif XF8 out of the workstation and have inserted the MP11 in its place.

It is now interesting to listen to PianoTeq compared to the MP11 in the same headphones. I'm not sure which one I prefer? The default sounds of the PTQ are much brighter; including the D4.

I was talking to my wife about this. I may consider using just the MP11 and be just fine. I'm thinking of having three default sounds to use:
    1) Mellow: Sounds the most like our Steinway Model "A". When I play by myself without any accompaniment.

2) Mellow Bright: When I play along with backing tracks for piano. Garageband: Drums and Bass.

3) Bright: When I play along with piano recordings on youtube. Recordings of pianos on YT are defiantly brighter.

It is wonderful to be able to play along with other instruments! I am really liking the MP11!

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:40 pm