The Kawai Digital & Acoustic Piano Users Forum

Unofficial digital/acoustic piano forum for users of Kawai Musical Instrument products. We are not affiliated with Kawai Musical Instruments!

Kawai CA97 or Roland LX-17

HwyStar
    Admin

Kawai CA97 or Roland LX-17

Post by HwyStar on Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:17 am

Both, I really mean both of these pianos sound great!  Here is a very good comparison video from Bonner's Music where you can hear the differences between the two brands of piano:

Down the road, I am considering which piano I want to get.  I know I have the MP11 right now but someday; down the road, after I move to Virginia I may sell the MP11 and get a console, or I may keep the MP11.  By keeping the MP11 I can keep my workstation setup that is great to use for practicing and using software pianos.  Having a console with multiple speakers may sound more like a real grand piano then sitting in the sweet spot of two monitors.

Make sure that you change the video settings on this video to 720p!  The Kawai does sound like a Kawai EX Grand and the Roland sounds like a Steinway (flavor).  I can hear the difference in the 400Hz eq portion of the LX-17.  It is boosted slightly higher (+3db?).

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:37 pm